So I wrapped up my sewing class in mid August and have been working on some projects at home since then. The class was for learning 2 basic garments - skirt-top and salwar-suit. It helped tremendously to get the basics right and steer me towards the right direction in terms of exploring the rest on my own.
As promised in my previous post, here is a small list of my initial projects (in chronological order) in the sewing world along with some pictures:
1. Top for lil N
2. Patternless free flowing skirt
3. Re-purposed hubby's pants to make shorts for him
4. Altered one of my nighties
5. Basic Salwar suit (kurta and salwar both)
6. Sleeveless kurta with a fancy neck (using paper canvas)
7. Patchwork Purse for lil N (made out of leftover fabric)
8. Another kurta for my sil (similar to what I made in # 6)
9. Completed a half finished night gown for mil
10. Assisted friends in altering the length and slits of their kurtas
Top for lil N
Skirt for myself
Re-purposed hubby's pants as shorts
Here is the kurta...
Here is the salwar...
And here is the entire outfit!
My second kurta (sleeveless and a little more advanced neck pattern)
A better view of the neckline
Me modeling the second kurta with the first salwar :-)
A small purse for lil N